- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 TBSP of cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2/3 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups STATELINE BLUEBERRIES
- 2 TBSP of butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 TBSP of confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Blend in water and 1 cup of the STATELINE BLUEBERRIES. Bring to a boil: cook stirring sonstantly, until thick.
- Stir in butter and lemon juice: cool.
- Fold in 2 cups of the remaining STATELINE BLUEBERRIES. Chill about one hour.
- Beat heavy cream until thick; add confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Spread half of the whipped cream over bottom of the baked pastry shell, top with blueberry filling.
- Chill 1-2 hours before serving. Garnish with remaining whipped cream and blueberries.
Instructions: ( the Crust )
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 cup of salad oil
- 1/4 cup of cold milk
STEP ONE :
For a 8-9 inch double crust pie; sift 2 cups of enriched flour with 1 tsp. of salt.
Pour 1/4 cup of cold milk and 1/2 cup of salad oil into measuring cup ( but do NOT stir). Add all ingredients at once to the flour mixture. Stir with a fork.
Form dough into a ball, divided, in half. Flatten each slightly. Roll each piece between two 12-inch squares of waxed paper. .....Flour wax paper so dough does not stick..... When dough is rolled to the edges of the paper, it will be the right thickness for the pie.
Peel off top sheet of paper and fit, paper side up into the pie plate. Remove remaining paper. Trim and flute edges.
Bake until golden brown 350 degree oven