- 6 eggs, seperated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup ground walnuts
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup whipped cream
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups of STATELINE BLUEBERRIES
NOTE: Additional confectioners sugar and STATELINE BLUEBERRIES are needed for garnish
In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup sugar, beat until thick and lemon colored.
In a small bowl combine walnuts, baking powder and cinnamon; fold into yolk mixture.
In another bowl, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form; gradually beat in remaining sugar untl stiff peaks form. Fold a small amount of egg white mixture into nut mixture. Gradually fold in remaining egg whites.
Line a greased 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan wityh wax paper, grease and flour the paper.
Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake at 350 degree F. for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper.
Roll up in towel. Jelly roll style, starting with long side.
- Cool on wire rack
- Whip the cream, sugar and vanilla. Set aside 1/2 cup for garnish
- Unroll cake, spread with remaining filling
- Sprinkle with STATELINE BLUEBERRIES
- Roll up, cover and refrigerate until serving
- Dust with confectioner's sugar, garnish with STATELINE BLUEBERRIES and reserved whipped cream