- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 6 cups cubbed French bread, brioches, od challah (approx. 6 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup STATELINE BLUEBERRIES
- Maple Syrup
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk, whipping cream, sugar,vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg with an electric mixer on medium, till combined.
- Arrange bread in prepared pan, pressing together. Sprinkle half of the nuts and half of the STATELINE BLUEBERRIES over bread.
- Ladle half of the custard mixture over bread, pressing bread into custard mixture unitl moist. Repeat with remaining STATELINE BLUEBERRIES, pecans and custard. For best results, cover pan and chill, unbaked. Overnight. Or bake immediately.
- Place a large baking pan on an oven rack. Place the loaf pan in the baking pan, pour boiling water into baking pan aournd the loaf pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for about one hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and invert onto a servng platter. For dessert or breakfast. For breakfast; seve with maple syrup and cooked sausage.
Makes 8 servings